Aqualink 2.0 Antenna Replacement

JADKDD

Apr 28, 2024
Naples Florida
Need a solution, please! The antenna on my Aqualink 2.0 controller disintegrated under the Florida sun and I need a replacement. Called Aqualink tech support looking for the part---they don't sell it, they said, only complete new units for $700.

Then looked on a couple of sites, one of which suggested a 2.4ghz replacement antenna from Amazon. Great except I need a male connector for the antenna and can't find one anywhere online that fits the unit (photos attached).

Any guidance hugely appreciated !

Attachments

• IMG_3256.jpeg
    IMG_3256.jpeg
    606.7 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_3260.jpeg
    IMG_3260.jpeg
    515.8 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_3257.jpeg
    IMG_3257.jpeg
    538.9 KB · Views: 5
Is this what you need? I have an old one from an iAquaLink 2.0 that I removed last year in favor of the iAquaLink 3.0. If you want it, you can have it for $25 plus shipping to wherever it's going. Let me know, I could send out early this week.

Attachments

• 20240428_204205.jpg
    20240428_204205.jpg
    777 KB · Views: 9
Is this what you need? I have an old one from an iAquaLink 2.0 that I removed last year in favor of the iAquaLink 3.0. If you want it, you can have it for $25 plus shipping to wherever it's going. Let me know, I could send out early this week.
Thanks---but no. Here's a picture of remnants of the antenna with the male plug.

Attachments

• IMG_3267.jpeg
    IMG_3267.jpeg
    527.3 KB · Views: 11
Thanks---but no. Here's a picture of remnants of the antenna with the male plug.

Look inside the box. If it looks like this, (specifically the wire soldered to the board on the right), you need to buy a new box, as per ajw22 above. I'm in the same boat as you, and took that picture about 10 minutes ago...

ETA: Actually, while looking at other treads here, that wire is not soldered to the board, but is rather a two piece connection, as per @ajw22. I am also having a broken antenna issue with my Jandy J-Box, and that is definitely soldered (second picture).

@ajw22 Is it possible to replace both of these antennas, the AquaLink 2.0 with a replacement antenna by simply unplugging the old one from that board and plugging in the new one, and on the J-Box by unsoldering and resoldering?

Attachments

• IMG_4375.JPG
    IMG_4375.JPG
    667 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_4374.jpeg
    IMG_4374.jpeg
    526.2 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
@ajw22 Is it possible to replace both of these antennas, the AquaLink 2.0 with a replacement antenna by simply unplugging the old one from that board and plugging in the new one, and on the J-Box by unsoldering and resoldering?

I can't follow the sequence you are describing from what to what?

As your pics show the two boards are designed very differently and the RF connection points are different. So I don't see how you go from one to the other.

I can't follow the sequence you are describing from what to what?

As your pics show the two boards are designed very differently and the RF connection points are different. So I don't see how you go from one to the other.

The first picture, IMG_4375, is my iAqualink 2.0. It has what I believe you and @MSchutzer mentioned as a connector, in this thread:

iAquaLink Antenna

And I am asking for confirmation that I could replace it with something like this:

Antenna

The second picture, IMG_4374, is my Jandy PDA/AquaPalm Transceiver J-Box, and while the antenna has suffered the same suicide by sun, the connection looks soldered to the board, not connected via a connector. My question is whether I can unsolder the current connection and resolder a new antenna; perhaps the one linked above, but with the connector cut off, or something else.

Sorry for any confusion, is that clearer?

The first picture, IMG_4375, is my iAqualink 2.0. It has what I believe you and @MSchutzer mentioned as a connector, in this thread:

iAquaLink Antenna

And I am asking for confirmation that I could replace it with something like this:

Antenna

Yes, that should work.

The second picture, IMG_4374, is my Jandy PDA/AquaPalm Transceiver J-Box, and while the antenna has suffered the same suicide by sun, the connection looks soldered to the board, not connected via a connector. My question is whether I can unsolder the current connection and resolder a new antenna; perhaps the one linked above, but with the connector cut off, or something else.

Sorry for any confusion, is that clearer?

The Aqualink 2.0 Wifi is a 2.4GHZ antenna. I don't know what the frequency is of the Aquapalm is and dounbt it is 2.4GHZ. May be 900 MHZ. See if there is a label on the PDA or antenna giving a frequency.

Since you get two antennas in the package it is worth a try but that antenna may be the wrong frequency.

Let us know how it works out.

Turns out, I think this will work if you still have it? Please let me know how to give you mailing details and payment ---$25 + shipping is fine. Thank you.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I kept the antenna but threw out the iAqualink 2.0 the other day. PM me for paypal and address info, thanks.