Wrinkles due to SLAM?

Cranman

Jun 13, 2022
Panora, Iowa
I recently did a 3 day SLAM. Last night I finally reached no chlorine loss. Yay! But, last night wrinkles showed up out of nowhere in the bottom of my shallow end. Did the SLAM process cause this? My goal according to the calculator was 20 for the duration of the slam.

Will they correct themselves when the chlorine goes back down?

I recently did a 3 day SLAM. Last night I finally reached no chlorine loss. Yay! But, last night wrinkles showed up out of nowhere in the bottom of my shallow end. Did the SLAM process cause this? My goal according to the calculator was 20 for the duration of the slam.

Will they correct themselves when the chlorine goes back down?
How are you testing and what is your CYA level? Pool stores don’t generally provide accurate results and so it’s always good to confirm

How are you testing and what is your CYA level? Pool stores don’t generally provide accurate results and so it’s always good to confirm
CYA is 50. PH was 7.4 prior to starting slam
TF Pro test kit
. Concrete bottom. No leaks. I’m baffled…

Well, I figured out the cause of my wrinkles that occured during the SLAM process. I washed my filters the night before the wrinkles near the filter, pump and heater pad. I'm assuming the water made its way down to the piping and followed it to the pool. Now to figure out how to get rid of the wrinkles...

Give them some stabs with a toilet plunger and you may be able to work them out. 30k+ of properly chlorinated water will laugh at the old plunger and all, but I'd use a new one just because. A mere couple of bucks so my brain didn't go there the whole time.

Plus, with multiple plungers laying around, increasing the odds one is easily findable, Murphys says you'll never need one again. Best $7 you ever spent. #lifehack.