When does Walmart stop carrying bleach?

Mar 26, 2017
Greenville SC
Does anyone know the magical date that Walmart decides to pack up all of their pool products and start throwing up all of their Fall Items? Nearly every year I encounter this where all of these large department stores by seemingly sometime in mid August hide away all of their summer stuff and pretend it's time to break out the pumpkin spice lattes pumpkins and Halloween decorations as of the leaves are already changing and September doesn't exist.

Even better, does anyone know what Walmart does with all of that bleach that goes unsold? I've seen it at outlet stores like Ollie's but it's a potluck any given year if they get any.

Basiclly, I'm in Greenville SC and I need a reliable place to get liquid chlorine after Walmart stops carrying it. Even the home improvement stores here do the same thing Walmart does with failing to carry chlorine after a certain date and any they do restock with is usually a year old.

HALP!

It a regional thing.

You may need to fallback to pool stores and pay their price for Liquid Shock once the big box stores stop stocking it.

Even here in Aridzona we have to sometimes wait for Walmart stores to get more LC as they hardly keep any in stock during the winter. This is foolish in Southern AZ. But we can always get some at Homer's or the pool store if needed.

I am sure this is just a one off anecdote. Last August '23, I went to the local Ace and they had chlorine on the shelf. I looked at the date code 23030. January 30th, in August? Woow, needless to say, I was so glad for my SWG.

LOL ! I literally just got back from my local wally world and NO pool bleach. Gonna check other stores now, assuming my store just out for now - we are in Texas after all (today's high temp = 102 degrees !).

Just ran down to another local ww, they had about 50 gallon jugs on the shelf. I usually buy 6 but went with 9 this time jst in case. Not a bad manuf'd date 204, so like a little over a month old. Will check my store for fresh restock to see if I can get better date, will exchange current for newer.

Last edited:
LOL ! I literally just got back from my local wally world and NO pool bleach. Gonna check other stores now, assuming my store just out for now - we are in Texas after (today's high temp = 102 degrees !).
This is right around the time I notice they stop carrying it... right around Labor Day even though our pool season is another 6 weeks.

I don't buy liquid very often, but when I do, Atwood's Farm and Ranch is my go-to. 10%, stored inside, $3.99 offseason, $4.99 during season.

This is right around the time I notice they stop carrying it... right around Labor Day even though our pool season is another 6 weeks.

I don't buy liquid very often, but when I do, Atwood's Farm and Ranch is my go-to. 10%, stored inside, $3.99 offseason, $4.99 during season.
Thanks for the tip - I am working in FW now so will check out Atwood's - what is address please - thx !

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support