Thinking of converting to 12v lights

BlueSpruce34

May 31, 2023
Monroe NJ
I bought a house with a pool last year and I’m still learning how everything works. The lights have not worked since early last summer, our first in the house. I’m thinking of changing the bulbs but 120v around water has me a little scared. I wish I never saw the movie Syriana. :/

So I started thinking about low voltage. But I have a couple of questions…does the transformers go near the junction boxes or by the GFCI? Can I reuse the same wires or do I have to swap them out?

Any recommendations on led 12v lights?

I’ve included pics and a sketch. Any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_1890.jpeg
    IMG_1890.jpeg
    80.3 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_1891.jpeg
    IMG_1891.jpeg
    73.1 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_1892.jpeg
    IMG_1892.jpeg
    111.7 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_1896.jpeg
    IMG_1896.jpeg
    50.7 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_1898.jpeg
    IMG_1898.jpeg
    506.3 KB · Views: 8
I bought a house with a pool last year and I’m still learning how everything works. The lights have not worked since early last summer, our first in the house. I’m thinking of changing the bulbs but 120v around water has me a little scared. I wish I never saw the movie Syriana. :/

So I started thinking about low voltage. But I have a couple of questions…does the transformers go near the junction boxes or by the GFCI? Can I reuse the same wires or do I have to swap them out?

Any recommendations on led 12v lights?

I’ve included pics and a sketch. Any help would be appreciated.
The new light will have a cord as part of the entire assembly. You can mount the transformer near the switch and use the same wiring to the J
j-boxes as is there now. The cord attached to the light itself may be larger gauge if you don't get an LED fixture.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.