PSA: PoolMath app runs on macOS (desktop) too!

brian163

Gold Supporter
May 27, 2012
Northern NJ
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
I don't believe I've ever seen this mentioned so I thought I'd share. For those Mac users unaware, some iOS/iPadOS apps can be run from macOS simply but installing them from the App Store on the Mac desktop. (iPadOS apps often display better because of screen formatting issues.)

Anyhow, I happen to be participating in the PoolMath beta testing and TestFlight shows apps you're testing (associated with your Apple account) regardless of which platform you are on. So when I opened TestFlight on my desktop related to another beta application, I noticed Pool Math was showing as installable. I went ahead and did so and voila! I now have a convenient way of reviewing my mobile app entries while sitting at my desk.

Note, you don't need to be a part of the beta or using TestFlight to do this, I was just explaining how I came to realize it. Also, the app is listed as "Designed for iPad. Not verified for macOS". Which is the case for most (all?) iOS/iPadOS apps that run on the macOS desktop OS these days. But all the magic is in the operating system to do this and I didn't run into any problems using the app.

This may or may not have been intentional (or considered supported) by the PoolMath app dev team but I thought I'd share as I found it immediately useful and VERY helpful. (I hate going to look for my phone every time I've sat down at my desk. :laughblue:)

Reactions: HermanTX