Polaris UWF Connector to pool wall inlet damaged

electro

Apr 28, 2020
New York
I have an in-ground pool with vinyl liner. As you know the Polaris UWF Connector (9-100-9001) screws into the inlet in pool wall.

The problem is the pool wall inlet screw threads are damaged/shaved down and needs to be replaced.
I'm having a hard time trying to find this part online.
Can someone please assist in providing details on this?

Also, I assume this is vinyl-cemented to a PVC pipe? Once I dig out dirt on the side of my pool then this area will be exposed.

Thanks in advance.

It sounds like your problem has nothing to do with the Polaris UWF connector and is with the return pipe on the side of the pool.

Why do the screws need to be replaced?

Show us pics of the problem area.

It sounds like your problem has nothing to do with the Polaris UWF connector and is with the return pipe on the side of the pool.

Why do the screws need to be replaced?

Show us pics of the problem area.
That's correct. Nothing to do with the Polaris UWF connector, but I think it's as you described - return pipe on side of pool.

It's hard to really see in the photos but the screw threads in the pool wall are bad and when Polaris UWF connector is screwed in the wall it does not seal very well. Because of this my Polaris vacuum has very poor pressure and does not pick up debris well. FYI, Polaris was rebuilt will all new parts.

Attachments

• pool wall.jpg
    pool wall.jpg
    598 KB · Views: 3
  • return-closeup.jpg
    return-closeup.jpg
    206.7 KB · Views: 4
  • return-closeup2.jpg
    return-closeup2.jpg
    236.2 KB · Views: 3
  • return-closeup3.jpg
    return-closeup3.jpg
    203.7 KB · Views: 3
  • return-closeup4.jpg
    return-closeup4.jpg
    793.2 KB · Views: 3
Can you feel water jetting out around the UWF when you run the Polaris?

Last edited:
That's correct. Nothing to do with the Polaris UWF connector, but I think it's as you described - return pipe on side of pool.

It's hard to really see in the photos but the screw threads in the pool wall are bad and when Polaris UWF connector is screwed in the wall it does not seal very well. Because of this my Polaris vacuum has very poor pressure and does not pick up debris well. FYI, Polaris was rebuilt will all new parts.
That's some serious cross-threading that has happened. In a case like that, I have taken the UWF cup (receptacle) and wrapped ten or twelve tight wraps of Teflon tape around it (or more if necessary) and then reinstalled it into the threaded fitting. If it works you're good as they are not removed again unless there is a problem. If not, you're no worse off than you are now.
1716323840640.png

That's some serious cross-threading that has happened. In a case like that, I have taken the UWF cup (receptacle) and wrapped ten or twelve tight wraps of Teflon tape around it (or more if necessary) and then reinstalled it into the threaded fitting. If it works you're good as they are not removed again unless there is a problem. If not, you're no worse off than you are now.
View attachment 575176
Yes, Teflon tape definitely helps, but doesn't solve the problem. I want to finally fix this now as I plan to add pretty blue rocks above with a couple landscape lights.

Any idea what part I need to buy?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.