Polaris 280 Tank Trax Tire

ChrissyRa

Bronze Supporter
Jul 3, 2022
NY
Hello,

The trax tire on my Polaris 280 keeps coming off the wheels. Is there any way to repair this or do I need to get a new one? The price really increased since I bought the last replacement. Thank you!

Hello,

The trax tire on my Polaris 280 keeps coming off the wheels. Is there any way to repair this or do I need to get a new one? The price really increased since I bought the last replacement. Thank you!
Have you adjusted the tension on the tire? You have to lift the top cover and there are screws that hold the wheel axels in place. They can be adjusted out toward each end. DO NOT over tighten the screws.
If that doesn't work, try using the original tires and adjust the wheels so that the small wheel drives the rear wheel.

Thank you! How does the top cover come off? Are there screws that hold that in place?
You remove the hose, the float (it just pulls off), one screw in the center. Don't lose the screw. It can be lifted past the tower with a little effort. It doesn't have to be taken off the entire unit (the sweep tail will be an obstacle but can be done with it on), just moved aside. When pushing the float back on, leave about a finger-width between it and the tower, don't push it against it.

You remove the hose, the float (it just pulls off), one screw in the center. Don't lose the screw. It can be lifted past the tower with a little effort. It doesn't have to be taken off the entire unit (the sweep tail will be an obstacle but can be done with it on), just moved aside. When pushing the float back on, leave about a finger-width between it and the tower, don't push it against it.
Thank you very much!

Have you adjusted the tension on the tire? You have to lift the top cover and there are screws that hold the wheel axels in place. They can be adjusted out toward each end. DO NOT over tighten the screws.
If that doesn't work, try using the original tires and adjust the wheels so that the small wheel drives the rear wheel.
This was very helpful advice! Thank you!