Kunkletown,Pa
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Turbo Cell (T-CELL-5)
How difficult is it to add the salt water system later on a inground 20x40 pool. With all the extra's etc on pool build. Looking to cut where we can. Also what system would you recommend Hayward, pentair or something else? Thanks

Just be sure they leave a sufficient straight run of pvc just before the water returns to the pool. Are you going to have automation? What brand equipment are you having installed?

We are still working that out pool builder is our down the street neighbor he did our raised patio several years ago. I don't think we will have automation it will be sand filter 2 lights. 8ft deep end. I have a e30 dolphin robot. So no extra pump for vacuum. Different question on stair railing in center or off to right or left. Thanks

With no automation, I would recommend a Pentair Intelliflo3 with relay board and touchscreen. Add an Intellichlor IC40 or IC60, depending on pool volume, as it can be wired through one of the relays on the pump board. Your lights can too. You can then use the Pentair app to control everything.

I do not know if Hayward has a pump that will control the SWCG, lights, etc. You need a device to remove the power from the SWCG when the pump is not running. For safety. So check on that. Also Hayward has only 40K rated cells, and if your pool is large (greater than 20K gallons) you need a larger SWCG.

Also make sure the electrical supply is accessible at the pad where the plumbing is. If you’re running the swg electrical through the pump as was suggested, the concern is addressed

I have an IC60 on a 20X40. It was *so* important after having it for 8.5 years before moving that I had my new one on-site before inking the build contract for the new pool.

It was *that* high on the priority list.

Do not skimp on the boring stuff that's the backbone of the operation. Everyone wants to spend on the fun stuff that has nothing to do with operating the pool. A large variable speed pump, an equally large filter and a SWG are what will make it a dream. Shave 6 inches off the patio all around if you need to.

Reactions: jetfan101 and pjt

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
We are having a pool build starting real soon. Pb uses Hayward products pump lights swg etc. Pool is 20x40 free-form no spa. No heater at this time. Maybe in the future. Trying to decide on what system to get. Looking for suggestions but please stay with Hayward.

We are having a pool build starting real soon. Pb uses Hayward products pump lights swg etc. Pool is 20x40 free-form no spa. No heater at this time. Maybe in the future. Trying to decide on what system to get. Looking for suggestions but please stay with Hayward. I did some research but getting a little confused. Especially when I can't find prices.

Hayward OmniPL with SWG cell and TriStar 2.7 HP VS pump.

Make sure to go with a variable speed pump and a SWG that is rated for 2X your water volume.

Being in PA, the swimming season is short enough as it is. I would reconsider not having a heater, as we use our heater in June and August, sometimes even in late June. At the very least, have the plumbing ready to add a heater.

Reactions: jetfan101
Hayward OmniPL with SWG cell and TriStar 2.7 HP VS pump.

Thanks for your reply. I have been researching that 1 but can't find what the price should be. Any idea where I can find the price

When dealing with Hayward much of their equipment is only sold and priced through their authorized dealers.

Make sure to go with a variable speed pump and a SWG that is rated for 2X your water volume.

Being in PA, the swimming season is short enough as it is. I would reconsider not having a heater, as we use our heater in June and August, sometimes even in late June. At the very least, have the plumbing ready to add a heater.
What part of PA are you

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.