inlet plumbing issue

dsatexas

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 21, 2014
Fort Worth
Howdy,

Help a DIY guy out? Ive met my limit lol. Replaced my pump with a different brand. Old pump was a Pentair superflo. The threads on the new one (Inyo Pureline) are different, dang it. Gave it a try using heat gun to remove old inlet. All ive done is good job of deforming it. Probably gonna call someone cuz im not knowledgeable enough to fix this, its 100 deg here in N Tx and took me half a day just to wire this pump and im just done lol. Thx all.

Attachments

• inlet pipe.png
    inlet pipe.png
    429.3 KB · Views: 10
  • new pump inlet.png
    new pump inlet.png
    813.9 KB · Views: 10
You might have to cut that warped area off flush to the fitting. Then buy a slip-on fitting made to go over that. They make them for that purpose. Kind of like space savers.

You also have the option to ream-out the old stuff from the PVC. That's a little bit trickier.

Last edited:
Reactions: dsatexas
Do a youtube search on how to reuse PVC fitting.
Don't flush cut the pipe.
Using a hole saw similar in size as the pipe ID. Heat up the hole saw with a propane torch. insert the hole saw into the pipe. This will soften the cut off section you want to remove.
using pliers, grab the section to be removed and twist it out. It takes a time, some muscle power and a will to getter done.

I had to do this when I installed my SWCG. Pulled the old PVC out of my Jandy valves. It worked great. No leaks after installing new pipe sections.

Do a youtube search on how to reuse PVC fitting.
Don't flush cut the pipe.
Using a hole saw similar in size as the pipe ID. Heat up the hole saw with a propane torch. insert the hole saw into the pipe. This will soften the cut off section you want to remove.
using pliers, grab the section to be removed and twist it out. It takes a time, some muscle power and a will to getter done.
yeah, i saw that one. Unfortunately i dont have a hole saw but it was part of reason I continued trying the heat gun.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.