ADRX

Jul 21, 2024
Atlanta, Ga
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
hi friends, I am new to this forum as well as new to pool ownership. My Hayward Aqua plus system/pool is 30 days old and this evening I noticed the “check system” light on with the message “ filter VSP comm error” any help will be appreciated to help troubleshoot and identify issue. See picsIMG_7508.jpeg

Welcome to TFP.

What model pump do you have?

Is your pump connected to continuous power or through a relay in your Aquaplus? VSP need to be wired directly to a GFCI CB and not through a relay.

Hope all is well. I am a new saltwater pool owner (no experience) and own a Hayward aqua plus system with a Tristar xe pump. My new pool control panel is showing a VSP comm error and decided to reach out to see if anyone else had experience dealing with this. I pretty much have to manually operate the pump speed using the override mode. Any help is appreciated. Would love to automate the variable speed without having to manually override it. Thank you in advance

Welcome to TFP.

What model pump do you have?

Is your pump connected to continuous power or through a relay in your Aquaplus? VSP need to be wired directly to a GFCI CB and not through a relay.
Sorry for late response. My pump is a Tristar XE. As for the connection, I will need to verify how it’s wired and get back to you. I am currently running pump manually and works fine just inconvenient. Thank you so much!