Auburn, AL
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-3)
Hello all and thank you in advance for your advice/expertise.

I am a new pool owner after purchasing a new home with a salt water pool. The salt cell/chlorinator was bad on the system and previous owner was simply putting in chlorine weekly to keep the water clear.

After buying the home, I installed a T-Cell-3 Chlorinator on the system replaces the bad cell. Like an idiot, I added salt to the pool because the panel was reading 1200ppm (the panel was reading levels as if a T-Cell-15 was installed). I ended up over salting the pool to 6000ppm. As a result the chlorinator wasn't producing chlorine (I understand why after a little education).

After a couple weeks of diluting the pool by draining and filling it back up, I finally have the pool around 3100ppm. The chlorinator is set at 80% and the filter is set to run for about 10-12 hours.

After about 4-5 hours of the filter running, the chlorinator turns off saying that its percentage has been met. I don't exactly understand what this means.

Can someone educate me on why my chlorinator turns off and displays "percentage met"? On a different note, sometime I see the chlorinator displaying positive volts/amps and other times its negative. Why is that inconsistent?

Please see picture of the panel showing percentage met w/ chlorinator off / percentage met and in test mode where salt is 3100ppm.

Thanks again in advance!

Attachments

• IMG_0372.jpeg
    IMG_0372.jpeg
    945.5 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_0370.jpeg
    IMG_0370.jpeg
    893.2 KB · Views: 9