ADJUSTING PH AND ALKALINITY WITH BAKING SODA

letsbeclear

Jul 22, 2024
Ottawa, ON
I think I have balanced the ph and alkalinity with baking soda - prior to this I brushed the pool....I ran recirculation for 24 hours and now have it on filter. The chlorine level is okay. (I chlorinated on Sat night before brushing and adding baking soda). The pool is a lovely cloudy 💚 colour. Chlorine is around 3. Should I rechlorinate tomorrow evening to clear the cloudiness? And..how long do I have to wait until I add copper sulphate?

Welcome to TFP! :wave: You are placing a lot of emphasis on pH and TA and your FC level appears to be on the low side. To really help you, we need to know how you are testing your water and see a full set of water test results. That will drive all of our responses from there. Since you mentioned green water, I would also try to post a pic or two of your pool so we can see the water and perhaps the equipment pad as well.

FC
CC
CYA
PH
TA
CH

Reactions: Mdragger88
And..how long do I have to wait until I add copper sulphate?
Please do not add copper sulfate. It adds copper, which can stain, cause green water and can turn your hair green. Sulfates are not good for concrete or metal.

I would suspend the use of copper sulfate.