12 May 2024 Equipment and Controls While Thin Set Dries

So ... I'm always looking for possible problems (cuz I was trained as an engineer and there ain't no such thing as perfection ... including my grammar) and so ....

Let's hear your thoughts on those actuators driving the Jandy NeverLube valves???

As I see it, those actuators are sitting right in the firing line of that massive infinity edges with all of the splashy-goodness happening in the cattle trough (maybe "alligator trough" in your neck of the woods). While the valve itself is sealed and pretty simple to fix, most actuators are not. The standard CVT-24's oriented in the vertical direction are going to have their ... bums ... pointing right at the splashy water. They are "weather resistant" as far as I am concerned and not "water tight" as they like to claim. The Pentair IntelliValves are even less impressive in my opinion.

All that is to say is that you might want to take a good hard look at the actuators you have and then imagine all of the ways water can get into them. Then try to think of ways to improve their water resistance ...
I had the same thoughts about the durability of the actuator in that location.

So ... I'm always looking for possible problems (cuz I was trained as an engineer and there ain't no such thing as perfection ... including my grammar) and so ....

Let's hear your thoughts on those actuators driving the Jandy NeverLube valves???

As I see it, those actuators are sitting right in the firing line of that massive infinity edges with all of the splashy-goodness happening in the cattle trough (maybe "alligator trough" in your neck of the woods). While the valve itself is sealed and pretty simple to fix, most actuators are not. The standard CVT-24's oriented in the vertical direction are going to have their ... bums ... pointing right at the splashy water. They are "weather resistant" as far as I am concerned and not "water tight" as they like to claim. The Pentair IntelliValves are even less impressive in my opinion.

All that is to say is that you might want to take a good hard look at the actuators you have and then imagine all of the ways water can get into them. Then try to think of ways to improve their water resistance ...
Good points you make Matt. Maybe I should let it come out horizontally at least a foot or so beyond the wall and out of the Splash Zone.

Chris

Uh, also how are you running a wire to that actuator?
I have buried conduit run down to both ends of the basin. Same kind they use for LED light in the wall. Still have that pigtail from the conduit to the actuator that is exposed though.

21 May, 2024 Finally, Finally Prepping for Plaster!

Folks,
Today we have the plaster sub acid cleaning and installing bond coat plus water proofing in the gutters. Electric sub hooks up pumps tomorrow. Plumber is MIA though. I can hook up minimal plumbing to run the pool if needed. Also, found the enclosure permit was approved today via my portal. They will schedule inspection Thu and fill with concrete on Saturday.

We're getting so close I can smell it!

Chris

1716324984312.jpeg

1716325041540.jpeg

1716325071166.jpeg